I’m so excited that CLANLESS is being featured as part of the YA Scavenger Hunt. Yay for team PURPLE! The hunt runs from October 4-9. Keep reading so you can play the game. Have fun and happy hunting!
(Content that follows is borrowed from YA Scavenger Hunt website.)
If you have never participated in a YA Scavenger Hunt before than this post is for you.
We are so glad that you have joined us! Hunting is so much fun and I always discover new authors and their books. It’s also fun to get to know each author and have access to exclusive content that each author offers. Oh, and I can’t neglect to mention all the amazing chances at prizes!
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE? WHAT DO I DO? I’M A NEWBIE! HELP!!!
The YA Scavenger Hunt is run twice a year. Once in April and once in October. It runs from Thursday to Sunday. So you have just three full days to participate.
We open author registration 6-8 weeks before each hunt. If you have a favorite YA author, this is the best time to reach out to them through twitter or Facebook or email and encourage them to sign up.
Author registration closes and teams are announced 1-2 weeks before the hunt begins. This gives everyone enough time to get their posts together and we can hopefully work out any kinks beforehand.
On Thursday at noon (pacific time) all authors posts go live and the hunt can begin. Then this is the part where you come in.
- Pick a team or a specific author. Start there. Go to their site (we link to each author’s sites here at YA Scavenger Hunt).
- Find their YA Scavenger Hunt post. It should be super easy to tell which one it is because it will have our graphic on it.
- Read their post which will include an author bio, book info, exclusive content, (not always but in most cases) a giveaway, and a link to another author’s webpage.
- Look for a number on the post. This could be big and colored. It could be “you need to know…” It should be pretty easy to figure out which number you need to know. Write this number down.
- Click the link at the bottom of the post so you can continue the hunt within that same team.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until you have visited all the authors for one team.
- Add up the numbers that you collected from all the authors of one team. Visit our ENTER HERE page, find the appropriate Rafflecopter, and submit your entry.
- Repeat for every team that you want.
- Optionally, watch your TO BE READ list grow and grow.
Need just a bit more help? Here’s a sample scenario. Do not use these numbers for the actual hunt as they are just a sample.
Let’s say Colleen Houck, Tera Lynn Childs, and Beth Revis are all on Team Yellow. I choose to start with Colleen Houck and go to her page. Colleen Houck is hosting Tera Lynn Childs so on Colleen’s page I will find information about Tera Lynn Childs, her book, and her exclusive content. The number I find is 7. The giveaway I will find is hosted by Colleen Houck though so if I enter the giveaway here, I’m entering to win a book from Colleen Houck.
Colleen Houck links to Tera Lynn Childs so I head there next. Tera Lynn Childs is hosting Beth Revis so I get to read about Beth Revis, her book, and her exclusive content. The number I see is 23. If I see a giveaway, this is for something from Tera Lynn Childs.
Tera Lynn Childs links to Beth Revis who is hosting Colleen Houck. I’ll read about Colleen Houck, her book, and her exclusive content with a giveaway by Beth Revis. The number here is 3. The link at the end of the post will go back to Colleen Houck at which point I know I am done with Team Yellow.
I take the three numbers I have collected (7, 23, and 3) and add them together (33). I head to the ENTER HERE page on YA Scavenger Hunt, find the rafflecopter for Team Yellow and enter the number 33 to be entered to win a book from all three authors on that team.
Last tips and hints!
Not all authors are going to host personal giveaways.
If you can’t find where you should be going, you can always visit our STUCK page for help.
If you need help, you can leave a comment on this site, post on the YA Scavenger Hunt Facebook page, or tweet @YAScavengerHunt on twitter.